- One to one placements (2hrs)
- Small group placements (5hrs)
Placements are welcome from any setting and for any purpose. Examples could include:
- 1 day per week placement to complement in school learning for 4 days per week
- 1 day per week placement to support a student at risk of exclusion
- 1 day per week to form a package of support for a student with high level needs (examples of ASD / ADHD / ODD)
- 1 day per week placement for a student ‘looked after’ to support a PEP package
- Placements for students who have been permanently excluded, dual role, awaiting EHCP assessment
- Placements with Partnership Schools, Private Sector Education provision to offer an offsite programme placement
We are able to deliver a maximum of 2.5 days per week provision to KS3 & KS4 students.
All student placements are charged at £125 per student per day.
All our work is tailored to the individual needs of students. We not have fixed programmes, students get to create programme content with youth workers by negotiating 50% content each. Every session includes cooking of hot healthy food, group work and an outdoor education based activity (delivered offsite to REACH base). Referrals can be taken by email and can commence within 1 week if required. We not hold a waiting list and can support day 6 provision if required.
We operate a fully inclusive programme. We not deliver reward or punishment, nor do we exclude students. Our timetable operates to the Somerset County Council Academic Calendar. We do not close or cancel sessions during term time.
Our youth work team participate in the programme together, by ‘being’ or ‘doing’ and ensure quality creative opportunities are given to explore the South West of the UK. Youth workers fully support, encourage learning, observe and help asses, where students are at, and how we can help them along to learn and meet the objectives set at the start.
All students are interviewed prior to joining and have an induction session before commencing any group. Students are matched for suitability to work together, therefore allocations of day require negotiation to ensure we put the correct matching of students to work together in teams.
Youth worker attendance at meetings, additional reports, multi-agency working is not chargeable and therefore comes as part of a placement purchase.